At IQ, (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”), we are committed to protecting your personal information that may be used to identify you directly or indirectly (“Personal Data”) and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information we collect
We collect information and data in the following ways:
Information You Give Us. When you ask to be contacted or have questions about our products and services and you provide us with your contact information (like your name and email address).
In addition to the data provided by our Partners, we receive data through our software development kit (“SDK”) included in Apps by some of our Partners.
The data provided by our Partners and data collected by means of the SDK does not include data that could directly identify you, such as your name, mobile phone number, or your email address.
We process the data provided by our Partners and the data collected by the SDK based on our legitimate interest of providing, improving, and analyzing our location-based products and services and, where appropriate or as required by law, based on your consent that you have provided to our Partners when using their services. Please be reminded that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by following instruction within the applicable Privacy Policies. We balance our legitimate interests with the privacy interests of the users of mobile devices, and incorporate privacy-enhancing technologies such as data aggregation and data retention limitations into our data processing platform, as to comply with relevant regulatory bodies.
Data We Receive from Others. We receive data that was initially collected (over time and across websites, mobile apps, and devices) by our data partners (such as mobile app publishers and developers, advertising networks and exchanges and other websites and services or platforms)
Movement Data. From our Partners, we receive data about the places people visit with their mobile devices (if the mobile or other location-aware device is configured to share its location data when the device or a mobile application on the device is in use or when operating in the background). In addition to location, we receive a device identifier and other information about that device (such as the browser or device type, IP address or app publisher, operating system, carrier provider, and other similar device-specific information). We do not receive the phone number or the unique hardware device ID of a mobile device. We identify devices using the advertising ID or a randomly assigned unique identifier (that is created through our own system).
Note about children. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children. If we learn that we have collected personal information of a child under 13, we will take steps to delete such information from our files as soon as possible.
What do we do with partner-provided data and what purposes is it used for?
We analyze and contextualize the data provided by the Partners and SDK for purposes of providing accurate location intelligence and data segmentation to our clients. This location intelligence can be used for advertising, audience segmentation, people-based movement analytics, improving business decision making by better understanding customer movement patterns, assisting municipalities in urban planning by providing enhanced understanding of movement patterns, and similar purposes that utilize location as a tool. The data may also be used for the purpose of improving and analyzing the various services provided by us.
Our technology contextualizes and aggregates this data. The location intelligence we derive (and infer) from the data and the information we amass is the basis of the services we provide:
- for measurement and reporting services,
- for capturing and understanding the interests, activities, and trends of consumers in the physical world,
- for data analytics and data services (such as for marketing and advertising, trend analysis, or market research)
- for providing, maintaining, and improving the products and services we offer (and to develop new products and services).
We may use (and store) the data and information we collect and receive on servers that may be located outside the country where you live.
Information we share with others
We share the data and information we compile about someone in an aggregated or anonymized way using advertising IDs or another type of anonymous identifier:
- for measurement, statistics, usage reporting, and other data analytics
- for industry analysis, demographic profiling, market research and other such purposes.
We may disclose the data provided by the Partners and the data collected by the SDK with third parties such as audience management platforms, advertising networks, advertising publishers, research companies, data brokers, financial institutions, data analytics platforms, in accordance with the terms of the agreements, and only for the purposes of performing such agreements, that we have in place with such third parties. Such disclosures do not include any data that can directly identify a user of a mobile device, such as a name, mobile phone number, or an email address.
We may also disclose data provided by our Partners to:
- Our service providers, such as data storage providers,
- Public authorities, such as law enforcement, if we are legally required to do so or if we need to protect our rights or the rights of third parties,
- Our subsidiaries and affiliates; or a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of our services and their advisors in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our stock and/or assets, or in connection with bankruptcy proceedings, or other corporate reorganization.
Other purposes where it might be required for us to share the data and information might include:
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies [for Business Purposes, Legal Reasons and/or possibly Contractual].
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm [for Legal Reasons]. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the
data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services and your experience.
- Compliance with Laws. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law,
governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response
to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
If you don’t want the data that is collected about you to be used for certain purposes, you have options:
- Cookie Opt-out
You can control how your browser responds to cookies by adjusting the privacy and security settings of your web browser. Further, Do Not Track (“DNT”) is an optional browser setting that allows you to express preferences regarding tracking by advertisers and other third parties.
Please note that the opt-out choices you make are stored only in the browser that you use to visit the opt-out websites, so you should separately set your preferences for other browsers or Devices you may use. For more information on cookie opt out, please visit this link.
- Mobile Opt-out
On your mobile devices, you have an option to reset the Advertising IDs (for both Android & iOS).
- If you are using Android 4.4 or higher, go to “Settings” > “Accounts/Google” > “Ads” where you will see an advertising ID. You can reset your advertising id and more generally you can opt out of interest based ads in general by checking the “Opt out of interest-based ads” checkbox on your device.
- If you are using an iOS device, you can go to “Settings” > “Privacy” > “Advertising”. You can now turn on “Limit Ad Tracking”. On this page you also have the option of resetting your advertising identifier.
- We honor these “limit” or “opt out” instructions or “flags” by removing recognized Devices from our reporting solutions, on a going forward basis. (We may continue to use information from these Devices for other purposes, such as market research and aggregated customer analytics, but this information will not be used for interest-based advertising purposes.)
- Location Settings. If you want to limit or prevent location data from your device being collected, you can adjust this capability through your mobile device settings.
Security and data retention
We use physical, administrative, and technical safeguards specifically designed to preserve the integrity and security of the data we receive; however, we cannot ensure the absolute security of any information or data transmitted to us or that is stored on our services. We do however, enter into agreements and require data privacy compliance from all of our Partners. Should there be instances where there was a data privacy breach with or through one of our Partners, we take no responsibility and it should be addressed directly with the party involved.
We retain the data and information that we collect for as long as necessary to support our business needs (or as required by law), but we do not retain location data about a device for more than 24 months (from the time when we received the data).
Other rights you have
We take steps to ensure that you are able to exercise your rights regarding your Personal Data in accordance with applicable law. If you would like to access, erase, or object to, or restrict the processing of Personal Data we collect, you may submit a request to email@example.com. We will promptly review all such requests in accordance with applicable laws. Depending on where you live, you may also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority or other regulatory agency, if you believe that we have violated any of the rights concerning your Personal Data. However, we encourage you to first contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we have an opportunity to address your concerns directly.
Changes to this statement
Questions or concerns?
Should you have any questions regarding this Statement or your privacy, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. We seek to promptly resolve any questions or concerns you may have.
All rights reserved
© IQ data